Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Friends of the Farm- LuRoe

Today I am going to start a new segment, where I introduce my crafty friends. My real life friends of the farm. Meet Lucia:

Lucia has her own Etsy shop called LuRoe Accessories. With some additional time on her hands, and living in scenic Colorado, she is now able to focus more on her gorgeous handmade jewelry. Her shop continues to grow fast, and I love seeing whats next.


1. What made you want to start crafting?

I have always been slightly crafty, and I actually went to fashion school and found that the hands on stuff was more fun to me. I hate relying on a machine to make my art. I have always found crafting to be very relaxing, a way to center myself.

2. Is jewelry your passion? Or do you see yourself moving beyond jewelry and doing other crafty stuff?

Jewelry is the thing I feel the most inspired to do. When I start making something I usually don't know what I am making and then my hands just kind of take over and it's almost like the jewelry makes itself! I have dabbled in other types of crafting and would like to learn to knit, but when it comes down to it I am just very inspired when it comes to creating jewelry.

3. Im always curious where people prefer working. What is your workspace like?

Well that's something I love about making jewelry, it's a very mobile craft and can easily bring what I am working on just about anywhere. I actually find that I enjoy making jewelry while watching movies or TV.

4. Alright then, what are your Top 5 TV shows?

Some of them are no longer on the air, but I have them on DVD and could watch over and over again. The office (US version), Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Twin Peaks, Arrested Development

5. Just because I want to know..who is your favorite Muppet?

I love animal!!! He does and says what ever he feels.

6. Any advice?

My advice is to just allow yourself to be inspired by every day things, nature, people, art and take a little of that to inspire your creations. And just remember that there are no rules, so push boundaries and do what makes you happy!

Check out some of Lucia's creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment