Thursday, August 13, 2009

a new look

So i am thinking about putting together a real blog. I know that I've discussed this before, but I want to actually have something that reads well, but can categorize things in the way that I want them to be. Blogger has been fun for now, but I want to add pages. I can't do that here. If something awesome happens to me, I want to chronicle it step by step, maybe on separate pages...and Blogger doesn't allow that.

I may not get more readers than you 3 who follow me now. But...at least I'll have the freedom to do what I want with my blog. You may see me here for a bit longer, as I need to create a Wordpress.org blog. I need to upload a template, and FTP stuff, or whatever that means....hopefully Mick will aid in that tutorial without killing me first. I would like to accomplish this by end of August.

Do any of you have favorite templates that you use? I recently started following an old friend's blog...and I love her template, but wouldn't that be poor form to just use that one? I mean with my original content and graphics, would it be weird if we had the same format? Our friends aren't the same, we don't live in the same city...but if she started following me, would it be tacky for her to see that I "borrowed" her template? Thoughts?

Do you have any favorite themes? This site creation is new to me...and I will definitely want to populate all of the current content before it "goes live". But stay tuned...I'm excited. And this will be my under construction image. :)

5 comments:

  1. I dont think there is anythign wrong with taking it as long as she didnt design it. We can tweak it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good...i like that one best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sell Iraqi Dinar
    WOW! What an awesome post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apartment Software
    It is just fantastic post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerala Honeymoon Packages
    It is one of the finest post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete