Tuesday, April 28, 2009

the power of search

So Staceys Bookstore in SF recently closed. This is terribly sad because this place had over 85 years of history in the city. Also...it was the closest bookstore to my office. However, with this place closing, they had a liquidation sale on all of their furniture, and I made out with a file cabinet and two metal paper holders, all for under $30. This file cabinet (below), retails over $15o in most places, so I got a steal! It has definitely seen better days, and I bought it with the intention of prettying it up and painting it to my liking. Sooo...how do I paint a metal file cabinet? Search on Google, and type in "How to paint a metal file cabinet," and an eHow tutorial shows up, exactly with what I am looking for. I am looking forward to tackling this project, and finding some ventilated space to spray my cabinet. I can't wait to keep you all updated on the progress. Hopefully I can get to this sooner than later.

Before shots



No comments:

Post a Comment